- MYCO Launch Event - Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney
- Guest speakers from GE Health Care & Health Informatics Society of Australia (HISA)
- Purpose Built Smartphone for Clinician and Nurses • Help to deal with the threat of “alarm fatigue”
- Key features: Touch screen, 3G and Wi-Fi, Top display, long-lasting swappable battery and a robust design
Ascom Australia launched its latest innovation, Myco - a purpose built smartphone designed around clinician and nurses. The launch event was hosted in Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney on 10th-12th of November.
Feargal O’Farrell, Sales and Marketing Director of Ascom, unveiled the key features of Myco and outlined the importance of the dedicated Nurse User Interface. “Our User Experience team have spent a lot of time workshopping with nurses and caregivers to understand what is required to build a user interface that helps nurse’s process alarms and information better”. “Through a single sideways swipe can exit the Nurse User Interface and access the standard Android screen and the other installed applications, and with another swipe can revert back to the Nurse User Interface. The Nurse User Interface addresses the core issues of building a safer environment of patients with better alarm handling.”
An overview of some of Myco key features:
- Top Display for "At a Glance" notifications
- Barcode scanner
- Carrying clip
- Long-lasting swappable battery
- Prioritised mission-critical Apps.
- Patient-centric user experience.
- Fully centralised management.
- Compact, lightweight, and highly ergonomical design
The session programme comprised of not only discussions from Ascom, but also presentations from Paul Merrett - GE Healthcare, describing Simplified Patient Alarm Management and Greg Moran from Health Informatics society Australia (HISA) presenting on HISA, strategic priorities and on e-health -observations of current market trends.
Ascom are proud to finally release Myco to the world of healthcare, and welcomed active discussions around the device - overall positive feedback was received.
For more information on Myco visit www.ascommyco.com or further articles from the launch event from Australian Ageing Agenda & IT Pulse.